Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 12 of 12

Thread: LPD Soccer?

  1. #11
    Inactive Member The_Sage's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 24th, 2008
    Posts
    271
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: LPD Soccer?

    I visited in-laws in Ga. a few years ago.. The brother-in-law coached a youth soccer team and I went with him to a practice with my 5 year old. Not long into the practice, before I knew it,, my son was on the field running and trying to kick the ball. He was the 'hit' of the practice. Arriving back to Wise County, my son asked me when he could play soccer again.. I think the big problem with soccer in our area is "EXPOSURE".. I feel it is a sport laying in wait...

  2. #12
    Inactive Member SkoalSpitter's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 20th, 2009
    Posts
    242
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: LPD Soccer?

    Quote Originally Posted by Burton13 View Post
    Exactly, it could be a good thing in this area. Lack of talent isn't the problem, just lack of interest and seriousness. Its a pretty fun game to play/watch and you have to be VERY conditioned to play. It won't be a huge sport here, but i'd like to see it around more...problem is finding coaches that would actually give a damn and know what they're doing.
    Agreed. There have been a few good soccer coaches actually pass through this area. I think a lot of kids may start playing it to "get in shape for other sports" and end up liking it and taking it serious. I think we have plenty of athletes here. Just competition form other sports would hurt it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •